Monday, February 12, 2007

Resources: Information Literacy, Bloglines, and Del.icio.us

I have enjoyed getting to apply these resources as I integrate them into my time on the internet. having attended the Dr. November seminar, I had learned about these resources previously. I have even shared the information literacy piece with my campus at a staff meeting. I am amazed at little is known by the general public, especially our students. I feel it is like I found the secret map to a treasure of information and I am compelled to share it. I recently helped a friend of mine who teaches some journalism classes at a university to present the information literacy study to his students.

Bloglines and Del.icio.us are still blossoming into an enormous time saver for me. I love being able to check all "my" sites at once and immediately know what's new. Del.icio.us is taking a little more intentional use. I have not really used the "favorites" or "bookmark" features in the past. So I am trying to integrate them into my common web practices.

Overall, I am very excited about the topics discussed in this class. I believe that these tools are invaluable as we continue through the "information age".

No comments: