Monday, February 19, 2007

Resources: Desktop Publishing

In our previous meeting, we discussed various applications of Microsoft Word. I was introduced to the "track changes" feature and was really excited about the possibilities. I had received a few papers back from professors in the past with comments made using this tool and had always wondered how it was done. I was amazed to find out it was done right in Word and was very simple. I will use this tool in the future by leaving comments on work submitted by my students as well as offering training to my teachers so they will also be able to use the tool as they instruct their students.

The rest of the class was spent covering how to manipulate images in Word and then how to use Publisher, both of which I had previously learned and applied. Although the content was not new, I will say that I was able to learn a few shortcuts and additional ways of getting things done. I know that these programs will continue to be part of my "tool belt" as I progress into administration. I have already begun to work on an official letterhead for our school in Kigali, Rwanda. I will post it when I am finished. Thanks again Dr. W and everyone who is presenting. I really enjoy the community atmosphere and shared learning that is taking place.

No comments: